Thanks to Prof Anne-Maree Kelly for her update on the new troponin assay.
She has provided a flowchart and FAQ below for you to review.
Please also see the TIMI scoring worksheet, for those unfamiliar with the TIMI score.
Hs Trop flow diagram.7 Nov 18 (1)
Troponin change FAQ_corrected (1)
Thanks to Prof Anne-Maree Kelly – we reviewed these articles this week:
Take home points:
- critically unwell patients in whom desaturation was particularly critical were not included
- not statistically powered to detected clinically significant desaturations
- apnoeic oxygenation has minimal harm – and its introduction likely has had intangible effects on our practice in terms of adherence to checklists
Take home points
- a well designed study with patient centred outcomes
- some methodology issues in that pain rating was surveyed after the intervention
- your armamentarium for shoulder reduction should include at least one non sedation technique, and using a patient centred self-reduction technique allows the patient control over their medical experience
Many thanks to Prof Anne-Marie Kelly for her presentation on PE in pregnancy.